“I want to be with you,
it is as simple,
and as complicated as that.”
Charles Bukowski (via forlornes)
- take a walk in the snow in your bare feet.
- light a cigarette and watch it burn; don’t smoke it.
- put on all your favorite clothes. layer them. look at the way they look on you.
- appreciate your body.
- smell your plants, even if they’re not flowers. water them, love them the way you want to be love. love them the way they want to be loved.
- remember you are one person now but there are so many people you can be.
- close your eyes and play a favorite song in your head.
- paint your nails then take the paint off. look at the bits left behind, imagine those as your problems, over time, you will scratch them off; they will disappear.
- pick a leaf off a tree, hold it, cry because you hurt it, but then remember it will forgive you, remember that you will always be forgiven.
- love yourself.
- love the freckles on your left cheek, the stretches on your toes, the scars on your wrist.
- love yourself.”
Go outside. Smell the air. Feel the breeze. Put your face to the sun. Or feel the rain, or wind, or snow, or the thickness of the air. Climb a tree. Pick a flower. Press it into a book. Keep it forever. Smell the grass. Soak up the sunshine. Crunch the leaves. Roam the forest. Admire a garden. Dip into an ocean or lake. Appreciate this earth.